Embracing the Present and Never Stop Learning and Be Loved
M A G D A
Career: Program Planner
Instagram account: @magdabentiaa
My name is Magda and I recently graduated my masters and began working my first full time job post-grad. It has been quite different and an adjusting going from late night study sessions in the library to a schedule Monday to Friday and free weekends that aren’t filled with lab reports and assignments. At the start, I would dwell on the past and think about how I missed being on campus as a student but, I quickly realized that living in the moment and enjoying each life stage is the best thing anyone can do for themselves.
I’m in my mid 20s now and this is what I would tell my younger self
1. Somehow, all of the hardships and failures lead you to exactly where you need to be to succeed. Finding a fulfilling and wonderful job that brings me joy was something I only dreamed up in the past. My previous education and many many jobs have led me into the field of Public Health which I finally feel is where I need to be. This also refers to relationships, all the lessons learned allow you to figure out exactly what you need in a relationship and what boundaries you need to set for your own happiness.
2. You’ll never regret making time to exercise. As a student I would struggle to get to the gym because “it’s too far” “its too crowded” “I’m too tired” and now that I’m out of school those excuses haven’t stopped they have just changed. There will also be a reason not to go if it’s not a priority for you. I found that rewarding myself by only listening to my favourite podcast while I’m working out has been an effective way to get me there! Another way to get in exercise is through finding a class that you enjoy such as yoga or pilates.
3. You’re never done learning. Even after graduating I’m still always trying to learn whether it is through current research, podcasts or reading. I remember thinking that once I finish school I wouldn’t have to study and learn new material every day, however a life without learning becomes quite boring. Luckily there are no more midterms and exams so learning has become quite fun.
1. Which style of shoes will you pick for daily life and why?
I love a small block heel because of the comfort and chic Parisian touch it can add to any outfit. Also, I’m all about comfort (which is where VIVAIA shoes come in) so the Round- Toe Chunky Heels (Julie 1.0) and the Square Toe Chunky Heel (Melody 2.0) have quickly become the best way to dress up any outfit.
2. What factors do you consider the most when purchasing shoes and why?
Comfort is definitely a priority for me and that is quite hard to find in heels. I adore the VIVAIA shoes for their comfort while still looking stylish and perfect for everyday wear. Another thing I look for is sustainability especially now that there are sustainable companies that are transparent and working on making a difference through recycled or innovative materials.
3. How’s your understanding of fashion and eco-fashion?
Fashion to me used to mean following the trends but now I realize that trends cycle and go away then come back. My new understanding is that fashion is wearing what makes you feel good and what works for your style and lifestyle. For me, comfort is important and I don’t dress up to often but I love to pair casual pieces with more business pieces to dress up the outfit. I will often pair jeans with VIVAIA’s chunky heels to dress them up. Eco-fashion is about having less and getting more wear out of the items you do have. This is why good quality and sustainable pieces are worth the investment.
4. If you could describe yourself as a shoe, which type of shoe would it be?
I would be a white pair of sneakers i think. I’m all about comfort and white sneakers match with everything! They just tie in an outfit so well and I’m all about looking my best while still being comfortable.
5. What does a nice pair of shoes mean to you?
A nice pair of shoes is something that I can see myself wearing over many years. A classic design is important because the last thing I want is to throw out shoes that are no longer wearable.
6. Your honest experience with VIVAIA
VIVAIA has become more of a community than a company to me. I have loved wearing VIVAIA shoes knowing that they are made with recycled plastic bottles and created with sustainability in mind. Since joining the VIVAIA community, I have seen so many stories of people wearing their VIVAIA shoes and how they fit into their lifestyle. For me this adds a personal touch that makes VIVAIA that much more special because we all want connection and why not connect over a pair of sustainable shoes?